Tuesday, March 1

A Sneak Peek







I'm so excited to share the first item in my new line of housewares. It will probably be another week or two until they are available in my etsy shop or on the website. I just couldn't keep them under wraps any longer.
.
They're steel cabinet knobs or pulls, or as my six year old neighbor from across the street said, "cuff links for Babar". (I'm grooming her to do press for the business) Each knob has a recess which holds a vintage map and layers of fine resin. They come with two screws to provide the perfect fit. We're even doing knobs with antique German anatomy wood cuts we fell in love with.
.
I say" we", as in the my husband and I "we". We have so many plans and hopefully Bob will leave his marketing job in a few years and work full time with me in the business. He is a fine carpenter and we hope to offer shelves with our knobs as well.
.
We are prototyping other items in the line right now. Not much time for sleep, lots of time to dream.
.
It's a beautiful day on this first of March, hope you are kissing the ones you love,
xoSherry

18 comments:

Pretty Things said...

WAY TO GO!

Angela said...

VERY cool!! I love them!

42 things said...

they are really cool!

Lynn Lunger said...

Wonderful! Love this direction. You're always thinking Sherry!

Sherry said...

Thank you all so much. It's so nice to see them lined up and photographed instead of just dancing in my mind.

xo

Catherine Ivins said...

They are gorgeous Sherry! They will be a huge hit - I love them!

xo- Cat :)

Waterrose said...

Oh I love those Sherry! So nice to hear that your hubby is joining you in your creative endeavors! My hubby too...he loved making the frame for my Umbrella Man.

connie said...

These are wonderful, what an incredible idea!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Sherry, how exciting!! I am so happy for you Miss! Keep on keepin' on! ♥

Tatter Beans said...

Very cool... I love them

Tim Vidra said...

These are amazing. Thanks for sharing.

E.A.T.

Orion Designs said...

Wonderful idea -- I'm sure they will become best sellers for you!

Mary Andrews said...

Absolutely love these - can't wait to see them listed on Etsy. Congrats on the hubby joining in - I bet your collective heads must be spinning with inspiration. You deserve it!

Wear Your Wild said...

Another fab idea Sherry! Love them.

Unknown said...

great idea as always.... you rock!

Sherry said...

Thanks again, everyone. Hopefully these will be on etsy next week!

xo

Sarah Knight said...

Ooh, very cool!
Babar approves :D
(my Mom had all those Babar books and read them to me when I was little)

Chic in Every City said...

FABULOUS CUFF LINKS!!