Friday, September 3

Hello?




.

The Medium is the Message.
.
With thanks to Marshall McLuhan, who shaped much of my thought about the media during my college years. This is the phrase that McLuhan coined, meaning that the form of a medium, embeds itself in the message, creating a symbiotic relationship by which the medium influences how the message is perceived.
.
I think this is why I often shudder at the thought of twitter and facebook as viable exchange.
.
OK, enough thinking. It's a lovely, long holiday weekend, so start kissing the ones you love,
xoSherry

7 comments:

Catherine Ivins said...

Have a wonderful weekend Sherry- hoping for cooler days ahead... I think the twitter/facebook thing will turn out to be too exhausting for any of us to do for very long plus the idea of the things I do only being valid when people know I do them is too sad for words ...

Sherry said...

That's how Bob and I feel too, Cat, and yet Danny thinks sharing everything on line is perfectly normal.

Must be the great age divide, and yet I think at some point the information overload will implode!

Anonymous said...

I haven't put a lot of energy into twitter, and I don't have a facebook page... I hear ya sister. ♥

I am loving all these insightful posts you've been sharing lately too!

:D

Waterrose said...

Well, my favorite medium of all time was that powder blue princess phone at the bottom of the stairs in my parents home. Legs drapped over the chair arm and mom saying, "you are going to ruin your posture." She may have been right....

jcsvisuals said...

Yes, have a good weekend. Your comments and insight are unique like your wonderful jewelry...

hatjunkie said...

I'm with you. Facebook I can take in small doses, but I would have to say I'm allergic to twitter. It's just nice to write in paragraphs. Enjoy the weekend. We are going to enjoy our hurricane.

Viktoria said...

I agree! Facebook -very little, and mainly privat, and no twitter for me!
Time is precious!
have a great weekend!