...no hopes, nor dreams or wishes to come true. I guess if you know me, that is not quite true. But, all of those take power from your hands and make you passive, not a participant in your own life. More importantly they do nothing to spur change on the planet or in your own little world.
If I learned anything at all this past year, it is that my actions truly speak louder than my words. There are always pitfalls along the way, unexpected snafus that slow you down and make you crazy. But with a little grace and dignity and a tip of the hat to Pinocchio, I dust myself off, pick myself up and start all over again.
So,I wrote a short list of how I'm approaching things this year. It's in pencil, of course. And whether you agree or disagree, I'm glad you stopped by. And, I wish nothing for you that you can't accomplish for yourself.
1. If you want peace, work for justice.
2. If you hear someone make a racial or sexist, homophobic or ethnic remark, say something. Immediately and without hesitation.
3. Repeatedly tell your elected officials that you want a ban on assault weapons. They are NOT protected by the 2nd amendment and no hunter needs this kind of fire power with 30 rounds in the clip.
4. If you are a small business owner like me, work hard and then work harder. Don't whine. Don't engage with whiners.
5. Play as hard as you work.
This is the first year I can remember not gaining an ounce during the holiday season. When it gets cold, I put my bike away and when I work long hours I used to forget to take care of myself. But, this summer I started swimming. And, even though now it is frigid and my hair is wet, once I hit that water and streamline those first 10 meters, all is right with the world. Well, at least for a 1/2 hour, four or five times a week. :)
And, kiss the ones you love more than once a day,xoSherry