Friday, July 30

20 more days....

cape may 2009

....until vacation. I have never worked this many hours for this many weeks.
.
20 more days until my toes squish in the cold wet sand.
.
20 more days until my husband smiles and sighs and I sigh right back and we don't need to say a word.
.
20 more days until we ride our bikes where the cars give us respect, where men tip their hats and hold hands with the women they've loved for 40 years.
.
Have a lovely weekend and kiss the ones you love,
xoSherry

8 comments:

Mary Andrews said...

Sounds incredible and you deserve a vacation! Glad to hear you are keeping so busy, even though it's a ton of work. Here's toasting to the count down.

Kendra Zvonik said...

You can make it! Vacation will be here in no time :)
Best wishes to you Sherry!

Sherry said...

Thanks, guys. I am soooo fortunate to do work I love, I just need a little break!

xo

JDWolfe said...

That picture look like heaven. Love those sweet sighs of vacation!

BlackStar said...

Lucky you! Dip a toe in the ocean for me.
xo

Catherine Ivins said...

Address? ... just kidding, but if you hear a little desperate rap on your beach cottage window ...

I think the August weather will be amazing this year and you SO totally deserve it!

Is it 19 days yet????

xo- Cat :)

Waterrose said...

We just came back from ours and I'm already looking forward to the next one in Portland. Have fun!

T.Allen-Mercado said...

Hang in there. We're on vacation now, enjoying the smell of rain kissed pine trees and the sound of silence. Enjoy.