Sunday, May 10

A Gift for You on Mother's Day


I hope you had a lovely mother's day whether you are a mother or a daughter. Mine brought love and peace, a beautiful hanging basket of salmon shady lady impatiens from my son and some unexpected clarity.


My husband and son made me a lovely barbecue, and so while waiting to eat, I had down time in my favorite hammock with some iced tea.


I missed my mom today, but I know how proud she would have been to see the simple, beautiful life in front of my eyes. I have the life I dreamed of having. A husband and son I adore, who adore me right back. I have a business I love and friends I have met through etsy, you, who are reading this now, who fill my days.


So today, and in all the days to come, I will substitute worry and hurry for the joy of life. I will thrill in achy muscles and a little gray hair in memory of all those I loved who aren't here anymore. I will live by the truth that NO is a complete sentence and I will remember to say that when I need to take care of my self.


I hope you'll do the same. Be well, my friends.

14 comments:

Beadin By The Sea said...

How sweet. I feel so blessed by my friends (including those like you that I've met through Etsy) and my family. Happy Mother's Day to you too!

Judy said...

What lovely words....Happy Mother's Day to you!

Anji Gallanos said...

Sage advice and so well put. Thank you for your amazing words. I am so glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day.

Anji

connie said...

Well Said! Happy Mothers to you too.

Michelle Engel Bencsko said...

I will try to remember these words of wisdom more often.

Wear Your Wild said...

What a lovely post! Sounds like the perfect day.

gypsy moon designs said...

Your post brought a tear to my eye Sherry!

Ever since I saw your first post on the Etsy forum I have admired your out look on life. You are such a beautiful spirit!

JillP said...

Thanks you so much for your wonderful affirmations. I will print them up and post them in my studio. Your picture with your son is lovely!

woolies said...

Hope you had a very happy mother's day! :0)

Kathy said...

Wonderful post Sherry! Sounds like you had a great day.

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

What a beautiful post!

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day Sherry!

You are simply a joy to have as a friend!

Jennifer said...

Beautiful! Sounds wonderous :)

T.Allen said...

Thank you Sherry, for your lovely words. Happy Mother's Day, a bit late...but it's still your day!