Monday, October 27

Taking my own advice








....and the wise advice of others. I've been walking that delicate balance between art and business so much lately, that my head hurts.



So, today, I rode my bicycle, knowing it would be the last sunny day for a while. I carefully packed my camera in my backpack and rode off. I ended up at Knights Park near the little red bridge. I haven't ventured to this part of the park for a long time. When my son was about three, he got his little foot stuck between the bridge slats. A kindly fisherman helped get his foot out, but his sneaker was mangled beyond repair. We laughed about that story for days.


I sat there for a good while today. The leaves turned color, some swirled around me. I have much to think about: the direction I want to take my work in, the balance of home and business, accepting commercial opportunities that allow me the freedom to create.


But for today, I sat in the grace of nature, the perfect sun, in the perfect sky and because all my questions will still be there tomorrow.

7 comments:

Scott Bulger Photography said...

Sometimes, a day of just soaking things in, is just what the doctor ordered.

Tia Colleen said...

Those pictures are gorgeous. I wish I lived somewhere like that.

Alison Du Bois said...

Great post - balance is so important! Thanks for sharing, and I really like your red level bracelet - kind of a reminder to keep your life in balance.

jeweledrabbit said...

That spot looks absolutely idyllic.

Anonymous said...

Sherry, it's good to do this now and then. Balancing art and business isn't an easy thing to do, but it can be done. As long as we don't forget about the sunshine and the flexibility we have... ♥

Unknown said...

lovely photos!

Kim said...

looks delightful